The media section is where all images and pdfs are stored. This shows the folders of content that were created during uploads. The user can also create new folders and upload content in the Media Section.
Media – Clicking on Media shows you the list of Folders along the left as well as on the main screen. At the top to the right is a square or 3 lines or . Press this and it will give you the option to change the way you view the folders on the main section – Grid or List.
Folders – Click on any folder and you will see the content in the main section. You can change the way you view the folders – Grid or List.
- Content - Clicking "Create" gives you the ability to create new folders or upload a file or image
- File – Click on Choose This will take you to your computer to click on the file and upload it to the KMS. It will then populate the information for the file.
- Folder – Type in a name for the folder and hit Save
- Once a folder is created, you can also grab files from your computer and drop them instead of using the drop down
- Image – Click on “Click to Upload.” This will take to your computer to click on the file and upload it to the CMS. It will then populate the information for the file.
- Security - toggling on Protected Media will allow all media within that folder or subsequent folders created under the main folder to be protected and not able to view without a toolkit passcode. This type of media should be located in a Password Protected toolkit.
You need to make sure that public and protected media files sit in separate folders and only protect folders with sensitive files. If by mistake you protect a folder that contains public images or files (e. g. the website logo), they won't be displayed on the website.
Anyone trying to open files from protected folders via the direct URL or from Google Search will see a login prompt (unless they are logged into any toolkit already).
On the website protected media should be only referenced in protected toolkits. If you add links to protected media in unprotected toolkits, when trying to access the files on the website, users will see the login prompt (unless they are logged into any toolkit already).
IMPORTANT! in the app the protected files will be available to the users who downloaded the public toolkits that reference them.
If you have several passcode protected toolkits on your website, the users can use any of the passcodes to get access to the protected files.
Once a user entered the passcode, they won't be asked to enter it again until the browser session is active.
- Do not toggle on the Protected Media for the Quris Media Folder as this folder contains all the images and logos needed for the website and icons and will cause a temporary disruption to the web site.